Thousands of protesters packed Syntagma Square in Athens for a third consecutive day on Friday. Those giving up another evening to vent their anger at Greece’s plight continued to display great enthusiasm and persistence. There was something dramatic about their protest, which took place as ominous clouds rolled across the Attica sky and boneshaking thunder boomed throughout the capital. It felt like someone had splashed out on the special effects in preparation for the ultimate battle: the people vs. the political system. The unstoppable force meets the immovable object.
Words will always hu… on Is immigration a bigger issue… Roger on Move on up Eleni Gigantes on Ring of fire Eleni Gigantes on When US presidents meet Greek… Anton Harfst on Move on up
- "Only forward" is SYRIZA campaign slogan. After reversing fast in Aug, Tsipras desperately needs forward gear ekathimerini.com/201033 #Greece 13 hours ago
- New Democracy may not need any other strategy than to hang in long enough to see SYRIZA implode by Sept 20 #Greece http://t.co/nwc3HcAuXL 13 hours ago
- Who knows where this is all heading but hearing Bilic talk football is a joy, especially after recent years po.st/dJNDOD #WHUFC 13 hours ago
- #IMF still grappling with roubled involvement in flawed #Greece bailouts, as set out in this @specialreports piece ekathimerini.com/200988 13 hours ago
- Lagarde: IMF not seeking #Greece debt haircut but other forms of relief. Handy for discussion on IMF role in bailout ekathimerini.com/201024 14 hours ago