Thousands of protesters packed Syntagma Square in Athens for a third consecutive day on Friday. Those giving up another evening to vent their anger at Greece’s plight continued to display great enthusiasm and persistence. There was something dramatic about their protest, which took place as ominous clouds rolled across the Attica sky and boneshaking thunder boomed throughout the capital. It felt like someone had splashed out on the special effects in preparation for the ultimate battle: the people vs. the political system. The unstoppable force meets the immovable object.
Words will always hu… on Is immigration a bigger issue… Roger on Move on up Eleni Gigantes on Ring of fire Eleni Gigantes on When US presidents meet Greek… Anton Harfst on Move on up
- Beautiful twitter.com/glorymag_/stat… 1 week ago
- Considered response, brilliantly written twitter.com/barneyronay/st… 1 week ago
- A year ago today far-right Golden Dawn was ruled a criminal organisation and its leadership was jailed. In The Agor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @dinosofos: 🥁 3 weeks ago
- Comprehensive take on last night's results twitter.com/MacroPolis_gr/… 3 weeks ago